Cross Country Covid Note
As the Cross-Country season commences on Sunday, we ask all parents/guardians/athletes/officers to please note below some important information regarding the running of the Championships. All procedures below are to be strictly adhered to when attending cross country events:
- Before setting out, all Athletes, Coaches, Parents and Guardians should have completed the “Athletics Ireland Covid 19 Screening Questionnaire” at the following link: – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-p6ohGGAcZ0IzSWuq6cnIpJQbWFGQV_m1IOR4ccaWVV1s1g/viewform?usp=pp_url
- Upon arrival to the course, you will proceed to the car park and remain in your vehicle. There are NO spectators allowed in the field.
- The races are being live streamed on the day. Link for parents/guardian and others to watch in their car – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSN4TfuifhA&feature=youtu.be
- Moyne AC will appoint team leaders for each race (these will be circulated prior to the event). Each athlete will then go to their designated zone in the car park and meet their team leader.
- The Club Team Leader will then lead their group to the infield section of the course.
- Five minutes prior to the beginning of the race athletes will be escorted to the start line.
- When the race is finished, athletes who have won medals will collect them from a table at the end line. All athletes are requested to leave the finish area as quickly as possible with the club leader who will escort all athletes back to the car park.
- Each race will be chip timed to avoid gatherings at the finish line. Please note that each race will go off on time and will not wait.
- Moyne AC encourages all travelling to please read carefully both diagrams outlining race start times and course outlines.
- Moyne AC encourages all to please respect and follow all stewards’ directions on the day of the event and to follow all procedures set out by the Tipperary Athletics Board.
- Full copy of all Covid Documents relating to the Even Age & Novice Cross Country Championships are at the following link and all athletes, parents and officers are asked to make themselves familiar with its content: http://tipperaryathletics.com/forms/2020/XC/Newport%20AC%20Risk%20and%20Method%20Statement.pdf